Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The Malay Uncle

The Malay Uncle

Was running late for cai's dinner. K I admit I'm abit too particular and kan chiong about making sure I'm always back in time for his meals. So I had to flag down a cab home.

Would have greatly appreciate a quiet and solemn journey home. However, the really friendly malay uncle kept me busy the whole time. Seem to have lotsa affinity with Malay Uncles. Not that I really mind just that I wasn't really in the mood for small talks. So bo bian, I politely kept up with his conversations while hopping at the same time he will get tired. The worst part is when he started to tell me some jokes which I had to force myself to laugh. Eh.. talk about being hypocritical. Uncle... No mood to laugh lah

Finally upon reaching my flat, he turned to me and gave me a really heart-warming smile and told me I must be a really happy person and thank me for being such a wonderful passenger. I gave him a 苦笑 and wished him more luck on his next passengers.
If only you know uncle
Well, anyway I made someone's day I guess (*shrugs shoulder)

4 comments:

aviatrix said...

you've done a good deed today!

most people are just plain lonely la... and all they need is a listening ear, willing or not ;p

avril said...

Hi aviatrix. If you happen to check back on my blog again, do enable your blogger profile yeah cos I am unable to access it.
Thanks alot, that was the least I cud do I guess. Wun wanna affect someone else with my moodiness mah.

aviatrix said...

haha... you know me wan lah from yr IA time... i'm the trader lor...

avril said...

ha. i know who u are liao. =) Keke.. Hope life's been good. Nice to have chance upon you that time on the mrt. Take care yah.

Related Posts with Thumbnails