Friday, November 18, 2005

Whenever I visit doggiesite, I will never fail to take a look at the adoption section. Its always saddening to see the increasing no. of dogs being put up for adoption, not forgetting many with lame reasons of cos...
Saw Bobby's thread again today.. Heart sank when I saw it cos I have been following this pup's story few months back. Its not a good thing to see the same post up again...

Extracts from post:

During one of my puppy hunting adventure, I saw this litter of puppies which were about 3 weeks old, playing among themselves. There was only 1 brown puppy that was unable to stand; it was only able to crawl and whine pitifully. Compared to his other siblings who were all chubby and lively, he wasn't strong enough to fight for his fair share of his mother's milk. My friend saw him and had given him a nick name "Humpty Dumpty". She told me that I should consider PTS him as his condition is going to be a permanent issue and is going to be difficult to find a good home that is willing to take in a dog with permanent disability. She even told me that I should do it fast so that it will be less devastating for both Bobby and I. I know that his future is filled with much uncertainty and hardship. I also know that it’s going to be very difficult to find someone who is willing to accept him as he is.

The new fosterer, winniepooh & myself took Bobby to the beach today. He's a very happy and strong boy. Never failed to make an effort to walk towards me when called & when's he knows there's food waiting. There were concerned dog lovers that asked about him and his condition and even gave him a piece of their doggie birthday cake.

Despite his disability and changing of fosterers that frequently, this boy takes it in his stride and look towards life very gratefully. My heart super super goes out to him lor.. Actually secretly wish mom wun mind a second dog.. Guess that's too much to ask for cos she simply wun allow that, wat more a disabled one.... Want to provide him with a permanent shelter leh.. Sad... now that fosterers are tao tiaing what to do.. PTS or put him into shelter..

His fosterers have been really kind to bring him out to play. Some picts of him swimming.


Sob.. See him struggling to swim...


What a brave boy he is u know...










Anyone with a heart of gold out there... please allow him to love you.. Many fosterers didnt have the heart to put him down cos they always see the life in his soft brown eyes...
Please go here if you think u can be the one to provide him with a permanent home and shower him with the love he deserves. U may have to sign up an account first though. I thank those kind souls!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails