Monday, October 09, 2006

Disturbed

By the sight of a stray dog lying in the middle of a fast moving traffic. The good thing is that all vehicles stopped to avoid it. Bad thing is that I couldn't stop in time in the next lane and was sending my sis to school. Dunno why but felt so bothered after that cos in my mind, that dog could still be alive. If no one bothers to carry it to the roadside, it may die if negligent car drivers just drive over it again.

That idiot that ran over it. Should at least stopped and remove it from the road right. Was still disturbed when we reach NTU. Decided that I should turn tail to check if it's still there. Was hoping that some kind samaritan had already reached it and moved it to the roadside or sent it to the hospital. Was wondering what I should do if I managed to get back and it is still there. All the what ifs started to cross my mind. What if it's still alive? Am I able to handle and carry it? Which vet opens this early in the morning? What if it's dead? Will I have the guts to carry it? Should I just leave it by the roadside or take him to the hospital to be cremated?

By the time I exited the expressway, I have already made up my mind that if it's still there, I will simply bring it to the nearest vet be it dead or alive though I was feeling really scared myself. But thankfully, someone had already either shifted it or taken it for help when I went to the exact spot to scrutinize. There was no body on neither the road nor side. Some kind soul must have brought it to the hospital.

Though it feels really silly and stupid to be turning back to check on a possibly dead animal, but guess I just had to to put my heart at ease. Knew that something like this would happen at the mandai stretch. Had spotted many strays in that area and many a times I had to slow down my car on the rightmost lane to honk when they tried to step out. Haiz...

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails