Recent recall due to pet food contamination
Blue Buffalo (verified by company 3/27/07)
- BLUE BUFFALO VOLUNTARILY RECALLS ONE FOOD. 4/19/07 See website for details
- Brands include BLUE for dogs, and Spa Select for Cats
- No products made by Menu Foods (have never used Menu)
- Products do not contain wheat gluten, soy, or corn
- All ingredients from US except lamb from New Zealand
- Some products manufactured by CJ Foods (according to FDA website)
- They do not manufacture food in their own facility. Manufacturer is confidential but they have their own vets and staff on location at all times and ingredients are tested before and after each run.
SOME PRODUCTS RECALLED 4/26/07.
Diamond Pet Foods (verified by company 3/28/07)
- SOME PRODUCTS RECALLED 4/26/07. See company website for information.
- Brands include Diamond, Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul, Nutra Nuggets, Premium Edge, Professional Pet Food
- No products made by Menu Foods
- All foods contain US and Canadian ingredients
- Manufacture their own dry food
- Canned foods made by American Nutrition
- Wheat, wheat gluten or rice protein concentrate is not used in any of our dry, canned, or treat products. (from website 4/18/07)
- SOME PRODUCTS RECALLED 4/25/07. See company website for information.
- Wet foods made by Menu Foods but not involved in the recall.
- Dry foods manufactured by Chenango Valley Foods
- All grain and meat products are from the US
- No wheat gluten is used in the products manufactured at Menu
- Pro Animal Testing!!!!!
- Same arm as Eukanuba
- SOME CANNED PRODUCTS RECALLED 4/26/07. Will have more information soon.
- Dry food manufactured by Diamond, sold by Costco
- None of these foods contain rice protein concentrate and they are not involved in any current recall.
- All the grains and meats are from North America.
- Some ingredients we cannot get from the US (such as flax seed). We get it from Canada, through a US supplier.
- No glutens of any kind are used.