Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Love-Hate relationship with iPhone4

I do not have much complains about my iPhone4 till of late when I received this message from iTunes while syncing one day:

"iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone. Go to the Summary tab in iPhone preferences and click Restore to restore this iPhone to factory settings"

This is a real pain in the ass and damn frustrating.
It has tormented me for a whole long week while I scoured the WWW for an answer.

What I had tried to rectify the problem:

  1. Restarting the computer
  2. Resetting the iPhone
  3. Turn off and on the iPhone
  4. Change a different cable
  5. Change to a different port on the computer
  6. Try on a different computer
  7. Reinstalling the latest iTunes
  8. Go all the way right down to Device Manager to uninstall-install Apple driver as I had suspected Comp to be detecting iPhone as a camera instead.
  9. Called Apple (US)
  10. Called mobile provider

I was about to give up and restore my phone to factory settings (and losing along all settings, contacts, smses) when finally, the break came.... iFunBox!
I used it to have "iTunesDB" and "iTunesCDB" deleted. WTH... how did the database file get corrupted in the first place??

Nevertheless, my iphone is now finally recognized and sync-able.

1 comments:

kendra said...

Discover great updates recommended and reviewed by the community from tech related to lifestyle and traveling at Kendra Bing.

Also, grab the opportunity to promote your blog postings at http://kendrabing.com for FREE while being discovered by whole lot of other like-minded people.

Kendra Bing is the perfect portal for the right source and inspiration for your next blog posting with its massive influx of the freshest and juiciest writing materials.

JOIN today!

Related Posts with Thumbnails